Monday, February 26, 2007

"Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17314883/site/newsweek/

The buzz around this pseudo science/religion/self help/how to get rich marketing campaign has amazed me! I have been so perplexed by this, and the following surrounding it, that I actually watched the movie! For a couple of weeks there I wasted way too much time on this.

I've thought about this from all kinds of angles, and I think what is one of the most brilliant things about this marketing is the absence of having to wait until "the next life" for your efforts to be fruitful. But the most brilliant, hands down, thing of all is...according to the inherent philosophy...you only have yourself to blame if you do not attract what you want! It's hardly a new idea, but a smart "think" (you know, the thinks that you think-Dr. Seuss) to package up and sell afresh all the same. This is way more intelligent than this fellow marketing campaign http://www.wayofthemaster.com/ in my opinion. Although...it shares many of the same characteristics.

Either way...most of Marx's points still apply. More opium for the modern day masses (and the smarty pants drug dealers are raking it in)! I'm fantasizing about writing about fraud...

No comments: